- Remove vehicles, trash cans, recycling bins, etc. from driveway and front of house.
- Remove sprinklers, garden tools, toys; wind up hoses.
- Sweep driveway, walkways, porches, decks.
- Put out patio cushions, uncover pools/spas if possible.
- Mow the lawn; trim bushes from walkways and doors; remove weeds.
- Turn on all lamps and lights no matter how bright it is outside. Replace burned out bulbs.
- Open curtains and blinds.
- Turn off ceiling fans.
- Eliminate as much clutter as possible: toys, clothing, papers, shoes, etc.
- Hide pet food and water bowls.
- Bathrooms: Remove toiletries and personal items from bathroom counters; close toilet lids.
- Kitchen: Remove most items (but not all) from countertops. Leave a few items such as a vase, one or two appliances, and a nice bowl. Hide trash cans, fridge magnets, and hand towels
- Bedrooms: Make all beds neatly, declutter dressers.
- Garages, closets, and storage rooms do not need to be photographed unless they are a major selling point.